Friday, April 4, 2014

O Happy Day...


Yesterday
was my birthday
and I did something almost unheard of for myself...
I took the day off.
Literally.
I made absolutely no plans.
I had nothing-absolutely nothing
I HAD to do.
And I loved it!!!
I blog hopped,
I did a little housework
(that LOOKED like a lot-so was very rewarding---
gotta add here-I told myself 15 minutes per room.
That was it. And I stuck to it.)
I made a birthday card for my nephew
AND got it in the mail all in the same day---
it may actually get there in time---lol.
Another amazing feat for me!
My husband took me to a different library
(we don't get to very often so it's a treat...)
and to Sugar Shack for dinner--a Jamaican restaurant-
another rare treat.
Cod fritters, ribs, French fries, slaw and
raspberry mango cheesecake.
And I have leftovers
("yes, honey, you can have some of my fries,
just don't touch my ribs!!!" she said brandishing her fork
as if it were her scepter!)
And I came home to a beautiful bouquet from my
stepson Tommy and daughter-in-law Dawn.
Now
if I could only keep that relaxed birthday mode
all year long....
 
I have a number of things to post---
and I will-eventually...
but here's the card I did yesterday...
The image is a Mo's Digital Pencil image
the stamped sentiments are Stampin' Up and Close to My Heart
the paper I have had in my stash...
colored image with Copics

oh-the candles are CTMH as well...
THREE layers of pop-dots (MY FAVORITE!)

That little dip to the right of the image is a pocket
to stash the cash I sent...

Is he not just the cutest thing?!
This was for a 20-something year old
but
this guy--as does the recipient---always makes me smile
so what the heck!
We're all kids at heart, right?
 
When we got home I found his
beautiful bouquet waiting for me...
I wish I could do a
"scratch and sniff" for this rose...

it is perfect and smells heavenly!
 
This guy was napping on the front deck one morning this past week
and I actually got the photo though both the glass and screen door!
I knew if I tried to open them
he'd run off...

this pretty much sums up  my day----
RELAXED.
Why can't EVERY DAY be like that?
 
Now
I am off to a meeting
and then cleaning the magic kingdom.
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,
 




 

No comments: