Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wanted: Extra dose of energy, inspiration and hope....

(Warning: Long Rambling Post-Vintage finds at end...~!)
 
It's been a bit since I have posted.
I did recover from my cold
but life has been slapping me on all sides
and I am worn out.
Today finds me with my fibromyalgia raging
(the weather (raining cats and dogs isn't helping!)
and I am curled up yet again in bed with cats and heating pad.
I have more issues I can count and not good ones.
And it's my party blog and I'll cry if I want to...!
 
Although we did have a miracle here...
and I am calling it Resurrection Sunday Monday.
This little girl had surgery--and the pathology report came back
inconclusive.
(pic after surgery)
 
We sent it off for the second one and are still waiting.
She had her stitches out and was a real trooper through that.
Her fur is coming back in and you can hardly see her scar.
All was well --so we thought.
Saturday of last week-end she wanted out of her room.
So I let her out to roam the house with the boys
and for awhile, she was fine.
And then she  began frantically pacing the entire house
and then began running into things.
Back in her room she went.
Sunday morning she was cowering under a table in her room---
and looking at me but not interacting.
By mid-afternoon she was sitting on my lap
basically unresponsive.
Called the vet and we made an emergency run.
Of course by the time we got there-she was highly agitated
and along with pacing around the exam room,  was now panting heavily.
The vet observed this, brought in a litter box and left to see if she would settle down.
She did-but not by much. 
After examining her, the vet in turn had bad, more bad, and worse choices....
it was a heart issue/stroke
(which typically happens after surgery if there is a previously undetected heart issue);
 it could be seizure(s) (and there is no real way to diagnose that in a cat...)
or the mystery lump had indeed invaded/infected the brain.
No clue.
Since she was a little dehydrated, we (yes, all three of us)
worked to get fluids into her.
She got a steroid shot
and three of us again worked to get a dose of phenobarbital in her.
And we came home to wait.
Monday am-not much improvement but she did seem to "see me".
(Frankly, I was surprised she was alive....!)
By Monday afternoon-she came to me.
By Monday evening...it was as if nothing had ever happened
and she was even playing with us!
I spent the next few days on poop patrol to put it politely
(it was also determined Sun. she was constipated!)
That, too, has changed!
And you thought this was an art blog?!
See--this why I don't get time to blog! 
Poop patrol! 
 
Other major things I won't go into-
just suffice it to say that, if you are a believer and prayer,
please say an extra one for me.
I promise I am one of those that pays it forward when I can!
 
I ---as well as my cohort in crime--aka Theresa
needed a diversion from life yesterday
so we headed to a favorite haunt of ours
Miss Minnie's Antiques.
We have a craft show coming up
and I needed a way to display my eggs...
I got the blue pedestals...
and then, as we were getting ready to leave---
I spied three small fluted tin trays
and Theresa and the shops owner convinced me that they would be perfect
to sit on top and hold the eggs.
So I got those, too.
And then I spied an apron-more on that later.
The shop owner asked me
if I wanted her to wrap my pedestals and I said oh,  no, they will be fine
(I ASSUMED they were wood as they were heavy...)
and when I got home and rushed into my craft room
noticing the afternoon sun was just right if I hurried
to take photos of them with my eggs...
I dropped one.
It slipped out of the bag, hit the floor and the top snapped off.
They may be heavy---but they sure as heck aren't wood!
Thankfully---I had E-6000;
they are vintage distressed look anyway
and, in her usual see the glass wayyyy more than half full approach to life
Theresa said, " just put a bow around it."
Good idea!
And I am thinking that a bow of  tulle with long tails
will be just the thing to dress this display up---
that and a little green Easter grass under the eggs
(if I can find the green paper kind---I despise the plasticky stuff!)
What do you think?









Good find!
 
When our church remodeled some years back
and downsized the old sanctuary, they sold off the extra pews.
And I bought one.
We use it at our table---and the hymn racks hold cookbooks
and, as you can see, I decorate it with pretty towels and aprons.
Found this apron again as I was going out the door!


Not sure what that sheer fabric really was/is--
and after the pedestal predicament-
I was hesitant to iron it but I did--
I just looped the ties into individual bows on either end
and secured it with pretty clothespins.

 
I had one more find that I will use in my craft show display
but will save that for another day.
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,




1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry about your kitty troubles, and I hope you are better soon as well. I sympathise with you I've been in bed much of this week, its the change of the seasons I think.