Saturday, December 14, 2013

Blue Christmas....

I feel a little bit a lot
like George Bailey
in It's a Wonderful Life
(before the miracle, that is.)
While I know I DO have a lot
of good things in my life...
some days years
it's harder to see than others.
This is one of them.
A new "do" helped a little.
That, and Jaxon.
Jaxon attends the preschool
at the church I work for.
Jaxon  has seen me, mmm, maybe 5 times
the whole year.
Imagine my surprise
when I walked into my hairdresser's on Tues.
and heard
"MS. SHARON MS. SHARON MS. SHARON MS SHARON...."
over and over
until it finally dawned on me
it was Jaxon!
His mom works there and he was hanging out with her!
He was beside himself to see someone he knew!
And the next day...
as the kids were on their way to chapel
and he saw me in the hall...
I heard,
"I remember you from yesterday!"
Sigh.
If only my husband were so observant!
'Nough said.
 
Since next week is the last week of preschool
before their Christmas break
and coming to Ms. Sharon's office
for a little gift or goodie
happens around any holiday time
(no little people other than these in my life...)
I decided I had better get going.
I got a brainstorm of
making them play dough.
 
So I found a homemade recipe
tweaked it to smell like gingerbread using part of another recipe
GOT LUCKY (miracle is more like it!)
and found enough packages of
MINI CHRISTMAS COOKIE CUTTERS
at Wal-Mart
to make 30+ of these.








 
 I wish I could do a scratch and sniff here---
they smell DELICIOUS
even if it does look like, well, a little ball of pooh!
Oh well.
The grocery didn't have food coloring
and I am not sure with the color the spices gave it
that it would have worked anyway.
It's the thought that counts!
 
Homemade Ho Ho Ho Gingerbread Play Dough
1 C. flour
1/2 C. salt
2 TBSP. Cream of Tarter
1 tsp. oil
1 C. Water
2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Cloves
 
Mix dry ingredients together in small pan
add water and oil
mix over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
It will form a nice ball.
Mind your hands as it will be hot--
let cool to touch, mix and when completely cool
package in airtight container.
These little packages I made is about 1/3 of the recipe.
I am not sure how it does in larger batches-
I made a lot of little ones.
And if you don't add the salt...it does mess it up--
just sayin'.
 
That's it for today.
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrpping.
Blessings,
 





No comments: