Thursday, November 21, 2013

Setting Sail...

I really meant to post this
earlier this week
but time and life got away from me.
I spent last evening helping a friend
make Charlie Brown Christmas themed decorations.
We didn't get finished
so Sunday will have take two on that project.
They will be ADORABLE so stay tuned!
Didn't know designing dog houses was in my repertoire
but --it is!
 
Ok.
Setting Sail.
My "nephew's" birthday is coming up
and being as he is in the Navy
I broke out my Close to My Heart Tommy stash
and this is what I came up with...
I used a CTMH stamp set for the flags
and stamped and hand cut each of the letters to make the
"happy" banners
which I attached to red ribbon
pop-dotted of course!

The inside has a moving mechanism
in that circle area
I found this design on
Dawns Stamping Studio blog
for a Halloween card she designed.
As you open the card, those two flagged panels inside the circle
pull back to reveal
in this card
the "super" star stamped underneath.
At the bottom I added another panel of dp
and fussy cut the Happy Birthday and
yes, pop-dotted it, too.
I will tuck some cash inside and it's good to go.
Next up will be my goddaughter's belated birthday card
and, I gotta say, it GLOWS.
 
Until next time
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,








No comments: