Thursday, October 17, 2013

You're the Sweetest Thing...


I have a great friend
whose birthday I am always, always always
late for.
You see
it falls just a few days after
a craft show I do every year.
And every year
I am still late.
 
I may be going to visit her this week-end
and I am doing my happy dance
because I have her card
and her gift
ready to go with me---
WEEKS before her birthday!
 
 

When you open it--
those polka dot flaps move
to reveal the message hidden behind them!
LOVE IT!
I cannot take credit for this technique
as I spotted it on
 
I just made mine a little bit bigger.
 


 
I could not remember
if she glued that center panel
complete down
other than where the flaps are or not...
it was 2ish AM when I was doing this
as I couldn't sleep
and all earlier attempts failed
(I have this black cloud that has been following me lately--
after 2 weeks-I am ready for it to GO!
 
 I found it was  a wee bit easier
to get the flaps to move right
by scoring them  1/4" -- 1/2" from the end you tape down.
This will make more sense if you watch her tutorial.
Just score the ends and then lay them down and adhere them
as she tells you to.
The score line for me just made them open smoother.
 
 
I've been around the papercraft world a long, long time
so I love it when I find something new and different-
and this was!
I know I will be using it a lot!
 
That's it for now.
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,
 
 



No comments: