Sunday, June 9, 2013

Thank you's x Three!



Hubby sent me an e-mail on Friday
saying that one of his co-workers was wondering
if I could make her some thank you cards.
I said of course.
I do not know this person
so I have no clue as to her likes, dislikes,
personality.
All she told me was
they were for girlfriends and a professional
"butterflies? Something girly.

So I went to work.
Here are her choices:

First up...
This is a Cricut cut card from the Close to My Heart
Artiste cartridge.
The dp is unknown origin (it is a softer version of Chantilly-
been in my stash FOREV-AH!)
The solids are blush and lagoon CTMH paper
The blush is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot die
and sanded-
the nice part of CMTH paper-two for one--
solid--and yet you can expose the white core
for added dimension/distressing.


I added doilies
and some cut dragonflies 
(the Art Philosophy cartridge and I ware having issues-
but I cut these out after numerous attempts...)
The inside is lined so she can add her note.
I like that this card cuts a little "tab" at the top
to keep it closed
and that THANKS can go across the top
or along the side...

So when I couldn't sleep last night...at 10:30--
here's what I came up with for Choice # 2...

I cased this card from Dawn at Dawn's Stamping Studio
It's cut using Stampin' Ups Framelets
and I love the fact that that whole center panel actually rotates!

Papers are CTMH--
the shell stamp is from Inkadinkadoo
and the Thank You sentiment is from CTMH as well.
It is, of course, fussy cut and popped up.
I've had the shell stamp forevah---
and I think last night was the first time
it touched ink.
It is soooo beautiful and for a larger stamp 
stamps crisp and clean.


Ok.
So today
I was avoiding housework and laundry
wanted to add one more choice.
Here's what I came up with for it:

Again using the Framelets
and the Apothecary Art stamp set
coupled with the CTMH "Thank You" again
along with our dyeable/inkable seam binding
that I chose to use as is...

I colored the flowers and leaves
with my Copics
and again embossed the background paper.
There is a small stamped flower and greenery image 
on the inside.
Following my mentor's mantra
of
"no naked mail"
all the enveys got stamped as well.

So--there you have it.
Which would YOU choose?!

She asked for 5
and is getting 6
I always like to do a little extra something
AND
more often than not
after all is done and put away
I've had customers say
"Oh-I forgot-I need another card for so-and so"
and I am hard pressed
to recreate what I just did!

Time for some Popsicles
(hubby and I just took a ride on our bicycle built for 2--
it's hot and humid outside-
threatening rain)
and to sit and blog hop a bit.
Tomorrow
it's back to my real job
and it's going to be a busy, crazy week.

Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,

3 comments:

V Perkins said...

All three are beautiful, but I am partial to the third set. You did a wonderful job on all. Thanks for sharing.

Stressed Stamper said...

All 3...blimey I bet they could not choose...you have been sooo busy
Sarah x

Lara said...

Oh my goodness!! That is one hard decision!! If I were her, I'd choose all 3! They are all beautiful.