Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rough and Tough Wild West Dakota Style

Another day
another layout!
This time it's from my goddaughter's trip
to Tweetsie in 2012
(her baby pics aren't all scrapped yet...
so don't think I am "caught up!)
 
I've always wanted to have one of these
photos made myself...
never done it.
It was fun scrapping hers, though
and again,
Close to My Heart's Dakota paper
boy girl howdy was just the right touch.
My apologies-the page protector(s) so not photograph well--
or I should say the LAYOUTS in page protectors
don't photograph well...
for the background paper I chose the barn wood.
For my "wanted" poster
I printed my journaling out on plain typing paper first.
I only had white so that's what I went with.
Next I got out by brown ink pads and,
using the direct to paper technique covered it with ink.
Then I crumpled it all up.
I thought about giving it to the 3 cats to play with
but somehow I think that cat spit might not be
archival quality? Then again...
No. I gave it all the wear and tear myself.

I also did not have (why is it-there is ALWAYS something I need...)
2 of the same size Flip Flaps.
So I made my own.
I measured the first one-the one that was the size I wanted.
I then took a larger one,
using my L-square (woodworking tool)
I cut the sealed end of the flip flap off.
Next I took the border strip from the Dakota stickers
and used it to seal the edge--tried to lay it down even
and then fold it over.
Presto-right size flip flap!



I used yet again the infamous moustache stamp/cut...
added some humor...

and yeah-I took my metal hammer to the brad
to distress it as well-as close to a real nail as I could get.
Some bullet holes would be a nice touch...
but since we live in town and hubby is employed by the same
I didn't think it was a good idea to ask him to take it out
and put some pot shots in it!
And adding shell casings were a little too bulky
(I saved mine from my first (and only) time at a shooting range).
 
That's it for today.
Not sure what-if anything-I will work on tomorrow...
just have to stay tuned!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,
!



No comments: