Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just the Ticket...!


So a co-worker came to me the other day
and said
it was less than two weeks and counting
until the baby shower for her
daughter-in-law...
could I please help her make
some shower favors...?
After a deep breath-
I asked her if she had any ideas
She said she had spent hours on Pintrest
and I was worried-
but she surprised me and she kept it simple!
"I like the little sour cream type favors..."
was music to my ears!
 
Did they know
if it was a boy or girl.
Boy.
Oh boy--here's where the going is going to get tough
Again, I was surprised.
E-invite theme was a train in pastels.
And Grandpa works on trains--
so trains it was!
 
Let's get rolling!
When she could only find pastel (no print) cardstock
I whipped out the embossing folders.
We thought a tag would work well
with a train image clip art-and
"Whoo-hoo...It's a Boy"
printed on it.
Not happy with "just a tag"
I looked through my
Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge
and found...just the "TICKET"!
Still needing something...
I foraged in my stash
and found the leftovers from my
bulk Miracle pack-
and we were ready to roll!
 
Whatcha think?

The "ticket" cutout as well as "It's a BOY"
all started out as white cardstock-
I colored it with a Copic to match the darker blue
in the paper
The sour cream holder  favors varied-
some were pale blue, others pale yellow and
last but not least a pale green.

These were fairly simple to do-
and sit so nicely
(we did have to add a pop dot or two
behind the tag and the ribbon to hold them up)
on the table!
We whipped out 25 in two hours time
(assembly, that is! Precutting added another hour or so...!)
 
Using the same dp and ticket theme
I made name tags last evening.
I failed, however, to take a photo of them.
Using the same train image,
the same ticket shape (minus the decorative "ticket" word cut out)
I simply printed
"Hello-My name is" on the ticket
leaving a space above the train car to write the name.
Where the word "ticket" appeared on the favor "tag"
I punched two vertical holes and fed a large safety pin through.
Ribbon will be added to that for decoration-
they will then just pin the name tag on
and no sticky mess to deal with on clothing!
 
Whew!
Another crisis averted!
 
It's cold here-and going to get colder!
Like it or not, the weather and weariness is
whipping my butt!
Even after a 2 1/2 hr. "nap" this afternoon
I am still achy and drained.
Back to my bed and book...!

Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,



No comments: