Thursday, July 26, 2012

And the official report is...

After 4 nerve-wracking weeks of waiting
I FINALLY
got my surgeon's nurse on the phone
(or at least she said she was!)
and got an answer
on my pathology report
from my surgery.

I asked-again.
She said she had it.
Drum roll please
(no-wait-that's my heart thudding that hard...)
and she said,
"Oh, wait a minute"
to me
and then yells for my dr.
and apologized for yelling in my ear.
I wanted to say said
NO---yell for him---
PLEEEEZE....
I WANT AN ANSWER!
Finally
she gets back on the phone
and says...
It's fine.
It's all ok.
No evidence of cancer.
It's a good thing
I was sitting down.
THANK YOU, JESUS!
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
God.

I had to ask---
was it everything?
Yep.
Ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix.
That covers it.
All normal.

Now
I've had doctors lie to me.
Seriously.
I've been told the report said one thing
and, when I set my sights on it
and start asking questions
I get this "yeah, well....really...might be"
diluted washed-down explanation
that really translates to...
could be an issue----but I'm not really worried about it...
(of course not---it's not YOU!)
My how their tune changes
when I ask
"Are you willing to bet your license on it?"
or
"What if it were your wife---or mother or..."
and gee
I got a whole different answer then...
But this doctor
has played it straight with me from the get-go
(never mind it was his wife's office
that jerked me around for 6 months---
before I got mad
(and got banned from the practicebecause I dared to ask questions!
and no, they are not in practice together--
and no, I had NO CLUE who his wife was
when I selected him! Different names!)
and I trust him.
Oh I WILL
get a copy of the report when I go
for my post-op appointment
but until then
I know I can rest easy.
The risk is gone.
And so's the fear.
The right physician makes a world of difference
Thank God
I found him
and, better yet,
THANK GOD
I know the TRUE PHYSICIAN.
Healer of my heart, mind and soul.
Yeah, I know...
easy to say
when the word was good...
but, even if it had not been...
I was prepared for that, too.
I've been praying that, just in case,
God would prepare me
to walk that path with grace and courage
just as my late husband did.
The example he was to those around him
during his battle with cancer
was amazing.
The lives he touched and changed
were numerous.
All the while
knowing he was dying.
He still ministered to those around around him.
I'll never forget it.

So---
taking an extra deep breath of salt air this morning,
saying prayers of GRATITUDE
and later
will do some coloring and stamping!

Until next time-
LIVE.
Happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,

 


No comments: