Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Very Sad Day in OKI...

Today as I was getting in my car to go to work
a gentleman temporairly renting the house across from us
(we live in a tourist area)
stopped me and asked
if it was our cat
that got hit two weeks ago...
the same time Cocoa Puff went MIA...
(he's that beautiful boy on the right...)
as I described him through more and more tears
he kept nodding his head in the affirmative
fending off tears of his own.
My boy is gone-as is Moe's best bud.
As much as it hurts, I am grateful for him telling me.
I can stop calling and looking...
and causing more pain and confusion for poor Moe.
It's truly a sad day in OKI.
Thankfully
I have some nice photos of the both of them
taken not too long ago--weeks in fact
to remember him by.
We gave him a good life--
and I am trying to take comfort in that.
It's been a painful day--
and I may take a few before I am back...

until then,
happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,


5 comments:

Kristin said...

So Sorry for your loss.

Cor* said...

So sorry you are feeling the loss so hard today! Thinking of you! The fairies are missing you! Take Care.

Tamra Young-Pope said...

Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. What a sad day it is. Just remember that you gave him a good life, a loving home and unconditional love. He is safe with God.

Tamytha said...

Hi Sharon,
I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I'm glad though that you were able to get some closure. I've had cats ever since I was a little girl. The last one I lost was 17 years old, and even though I knew it was coming, it was still hard. They are truly like members of your family. Hugs to you.

Dawn B. said...

Awww I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are the best. What pretty kitties. Sending hugs.