Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not forgotten!

It's been a busy, busy week!
Happy (belated) New Year!
I opted not to do a "top ten" post...
everyone else was---
I decided to be different
(Theresa's laughing! No surprise there she says---
I am always changing something on a layout
or project--just to be different!)

My friend Margarett
took a tumble into the new year--
she fell and broke her right wrist and yes,
unfortunately,
she is right handed!
Poor thing!
She's also a cat lover like I am
so I whipped up this cute card to send her...
The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil
and I think it's called Patience...
I colored (with copics), pop-dotted pieces
and wrapped that arm in some sheer ribbon
to look like a bandage
(even tho she has a cast!)
Maybe it will bring a smile...

Speaking of smiles...
my husband dropped his banana
as he was getting it out of the fridge last night
and Inky had to check it out...
the definition of a cat toy, by the way,
is anything that isn't nailed down...
FYI...even a banana!
And, when we turned our back to clean up after dinner
BAD CAT
decided he would check out the tray that had the sushi on
(when you get to the linked site-click on LISTEN---cute song!)


note the tongue action!
And all 4 feet
needed rice cleaned out of them afterward
he protested much but we got it done!
Lol!
As I was leaving my desk this morning
to go and get ready for work...
this is what I saw in front of the love seat...

collar...lots of cat hair...
but no cat!
Which made me think of this poem from my childhood...

The Duel

by Eugene Field

The gingham dog and the calico cat
Side by side on the table sat;
T'was half past twelve, and (what do you think!)
Nor one nor t'other had slept a wink!
The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate
Appeared to know as sure as fate
There was going to be a terrible spat
(I wasn't there; I simply state
What was told to me by the Chinese plate!)


The gingham dog went "Bow-wow-wow!"
And the calico cat replied "Mee-ow!"
The air was littered, an hour or so,
With bits of gingham and calico,
While the old Dutch clock in the chimney-place
Up with its hands before its face,
For it always dreaded a family row!

(Now mind: I'm only telling you
What the old Dutch clock declares is true!)
The Chinese plate looked very blue,
And wailed, "Oh, dear! what shall we do!"
But the gingham dog and the calico cat
Wallowed this way and tumbled that,
Employing every tooth and claw
In the awfulest way you ever saw--
And oh! How the gingham and calico flew!
(Don't fancy I exaggerate--I got my news from the Chinese plate!)

Next morning, where the two had sat
They found no trace of dog or cat;
And some folks think unto this day
That burglars stole that pair away!
But the truth about that cat and pup
Is this: they ate each other up!
Now what do you really think of that!
(The old Dutch clock it told me so,
And that is how I came to know.)

Happy to report---
Poppa Cat (the owner of said collar)
and Inky (the former owner of all that hair)
we're sleeping soundly in the same room!
Wore themselves out rumbling and tumbling, no doubt!
It's my Friday---
so I am off to do some yoga
 have a nice rum drink
a hot bath
and peruse a few magazines!

Tomorrow-
I will be fly-ladying so stay tuned
to
okiflybabyfly.com!
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,








1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

Great Mo image - perfect for GWC - love the bandage round the cats paw
Happy New Year
Sarah x