Sunday, November 20, 2011

Naughty or Nice? And Slow Recovery...

  but recovering I am!
I stayed in again today
and took things easy
but after three days of bed
and as many novels...
I HAD to do something!
I had logged into Split Coast Stampers
and OHMYGOSH!!!
I had to try it!


I ran and got my Close to My Heart Believe paper packs
my Score Pal, scissors and my tape gun.
I fixed a bowl of soup, got a drink
and sat in front of the computer
watching and working my way through
not one but two tutorial videos!
But this is just too, too cute---

.and it really isn't hard at all!
You are basically making a lot--
ok-- 4 boxes.
There's a few "PAY ATTENTIONS"
I would point out--
watch the video steps all the way through
before cutting-
I stopped and started it-
but I made a cut she said make
and THEN she pointed out a paper orientation
that she should have had before telling you to cut!
So watch-then cut.
Also highly recommend her idea of "dry fitting" everything
then adding adhesive.
Lastly,
and  I really don't know how to explain this-
but I cut little angles
on the "wings/flaps" to be folded in...
I just nipped a little more off so it angled down some
rather than straight across
so folding things over would fold and fit easier.
She mentions this in one step-I did it for all.
This would make an awesome gift
filled with gift tags!
And you can really make a lot of those
if you save those little pieces you cut off the corners
< WINK!>
The question is...
whose names are in the NAUGHTY drawer
and whose are in the NICE one?!
Hmmm...!
Guess you'll have to wait and see!
Until next time
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this and hope you feel better :-) My hubby was sick for 10 days with the flu. Yucky and hopefully you will rebound quicker!

Gina Brandstetter said...

VERY CUTE! The Believe papers are perfect for this.

Anonymous said...

ThIs is too cute! I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll follow me back over at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com