Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy (Belated!) Thanksgiving!

That's me---
always late!
In fact my "nephew's" birthday was
yesterday
did I get the card out?
Nope.
But-I will.
And he can celebrate-again!
He's still young enough to appreciate that!
Lol.
Yesterday
hubby and I celebrated Thanksgiving.
It was just us.
And the cats, of course.
We had a very nice, relaxing, stress-free day!
We ate--a lot!
We even cooked and cleaned up together,
took a nap and read,
blog hopped and did a little gardening,
took a bike ride down to the pier,
ate some more,
watched an old Star Wars dvd,
and called it a day.
It was nice.
Here's a few photos-
I opted to keep it simple-
the "good china" stayed in the cupboard
and the heirloom silver in the drawer
so there's nothing fancy here-
it was ALL GOOD, tho (and a lot less work!)
(l to r): (wheat bread) stuffing, green bean casserole, (rice bread) stuffing, jello salad,
pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and mashed potatoes in the middle!

Explanation...
This is the RICE BREAD STUFFING
I am allergic to wheat (regular bread/flour, etc)
so hubby has kindly worked hard
and perfected, I must add-
the stuffing recipe using rice bread!
You can never, ever have too much stuffing!

This is Theresa's PUMPKIN SOUP
it is delicious, too!
She served it last year and since we had pumpkin
left over from the pie
I called and got the recipe from her-
I'll post it below.
It has some zing and zip thanks to a little curry and red pepper!


The bird--minus a few parts!

The beach...

I was shooting "blind" here-
I could see absolutely nothing on my camera display...
worthy to add to a photo Christmas card?
"Behold-His Light Shines!"?! Hmmm...


Hubby

The bird nabbed a fish from a woman fishing on the pier-
she started to take it away, shrugged her shoulders
and then let him have his Thanksgiving "turkey" fish dinner...





Our feral cat, Moe
He was close to me but when I took out the camera
he bolted...down the walk...
and here's the Thanksgiving view
from our front deck...



Ahh---it was a really nice day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,
THERESA'S PUMPKIN SOUP

1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. corriander
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
5 cups chicken broth
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 cup half and half
sour cream and chives to garnish

sautee onions, garlic and butter
add spices and cook one minute
add chicken broth and bring to a boil
cook 15-20 minutes

add pumpkin and half and half.
Process in small batches in blender until smooth.  Garnish with a dallop of sour cream and chopped chives (neither of which I had...but it was good, anyway!) Enjoy!

Oh-and we used fresh cooked pumpkin-it (the soup) was a little thinner than when using the the canned pumpkin-I've not used fresh pumpkin before-it is very watery-wondering if I needed to smoosh it through a strainer to "drain" some of the liquid out first?  Hmm....

1 comment:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

Looks like you had a great day!! Love the photo of the kitty~