Sunday, October 23, 2011

Food for Thought...

I have two little devotional books
I tap into from time to time.
They are well-worn and offer some solid, sage advice.
Today,
I felt I needed that extra little boost and, as usual, their messages
were right on target for me.
So--I thought I would share...

My intuition is grounded in reality.
I trust my intuition and honor its place in my decision making.

I do not have to understand all that my intuition picks up with its finely tuned antenna.  My intuition may direct my senses to observe minute details.  Someone may sound good and say the right things but my intuition collects other data.  Body language and tone of voice may elicit painful memories and my intuition is the first to respond with alarm.

I did not trust my intuition growing up in a dysfunctional family.  Reality was denied in countless ways and I received no validation for my inner voice that spoke the truth.

Today I will accept that my intuition is grounded in reality.  I will consult that valuable part of myself and listen to its sage advice as I make decisions.


 

Acceptance/Living in the Now

The opportunity of life is very precious and it moves very quickly.  -- Ilyani Ywahoo

This is it!  The life that is ours is the one we are living today.  There is no other.  The more we try hold onto our illusions of what we think it is or what we think it should be, the less time and energy we have to live it.

How many times have we heard about people who worked hard and longed for the day when retirement would come, only to drop dead just before or just after they retired?  How fast it all went!

Our lives are so precious.  Each moment has the possibility of a new discovery.  Yet when it passes, that moment never returns.

Only as I am aware of the present will I have the opportunity to be fully alive.
______________________________________

 
Now, I have to add...I do believe in God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ
and the existence  (and power!) of the Holy Spirit.
We do have---eternal life
if we confess our sins and believe.
But
we only have one life here.
One life to do--well, so much.
We have but a moment, a day...
what will we do with it?
Time is precious....
make the most of it
whatever that means for you...for today....
and for your tomorrows.

For now, I need to go get ready for church!
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,


No comments: