Wednesday, August 24, 2011

GOOD-NIGHT, Irene, GOOD-NIGHT!

that title should read
Good-Night
GO AWAY,  IRENE---GO AWAY!!!
Sigh.
As I sit here typing
hubby is downstairs running the saw
to cut the plywood
to screw to the front and back doors
as we exit for
Operation Irene Evac.
You see
we are second-row ocean front
on a lovely island-
most of the time.
These are the times
when it's not so lovely to live here.
Our house
has survived category 1-2
and I think before my time a 3...
We will evacuate to a home inland on the ground
if it doesn't look bad.
At a 4 or 5, we will pack us up
(translate: 2 adults, and FOUR CATS)
and leave.
WWW. FLYLADY.COM
had my evac checklist.
I printed it out at the office today
and promptly left it on my desk.
Never fear-I FOUND my "control journal"
and all the items on the check list are a go.
It's all packed and ready.
My conundrum is
scrapbooks.
Do I pack them and take them to our neighbors
to have with me and risk losing them
or
pack them my beloved Crop In Style,
put them in the interior closet
and risk losing them?
Decisions, decisions.
I did do some scrapping the other day-
I've inherited the preschool scrapbook
a mom started...'nough said...
and I will finish.
Took some pics but need to edit and that's not really a priority right now.
I am trying not to stress-
thinking about cats, scrapbooks, the brand new bed
that isn't even paid for
sitting in the FRONT bedroom...
sigh.
Off to check the weather channel...
again.
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,


1 comment:

Kristin K. said...

Best of luck to you during this storm. I know it looks bad. So be safe!