Friday, June 24, 2011

Things I am learning...


1. I do not fall into the "normal" category...
The dr. said..."NORMALLY....people feel great within a week.
I am now on week 2.
Working three hours yesterday, followed by quick nap, followed by my usual errands,
was not a good thing.
Bring on the pain meds--again.
Sigh.
And...there's a problem with the belly button incision.
What that entails, I am trying not to think about.
Will deal with that on Monday, Scarlett.

2. I really, really like linky parties!
You know-where blogs have those little thumbnails of images and links to other blogs.
Those are great when I need some "down time".
And there's been a lot of that lately.
This is one of the AWESOME things I found this morning...

These...started out as these...

HOW COOL IS THAT?!!!
If you want the how-to...
check out this blog  -- http://www.flamingotoes.com/

Then I found these...


Hmmm...I have the SU Enjoy the Journey stamp set---and a number of bicycle stamps
and iron on fabric...and a printer that can enlarge images...I sew (so) see these arriving in the near future.

3. I have fallen in love with soft things--pillows in particular!
(as evidenced in  item #2!)
The first night after my surgery wasn't good. I ended up in another bedroom so hubby could at least sleep.
I discovered two pillows in there that I absolutely love.  I've kept the almost-body length one
(I am only just under 5'!) very close!
So I went to ebay and scoped out vintage fabrics to make some nice shams.
This is what I have coming...from Igloo0203...


only the yellow to compliment the other fabric.
I ordered the gorgeous striped SU ribbon from Theresa that they are either "reworking" or discontinuing...
can't remember which. 
Anyway-I think these goodies will make some awesome shams.
But, before I got to Igloo0203, I found this:
from 5329 Caroline
These are printed on fabric-you just wet, cut and sew!
Hmmm..mermaid pillows to add to my love seat...

4. There are not enough hours in a day--or $ in my bank account!--
to do all the crafty things I want to!
Sigh.

5. After surgery--I have a new heart and compassion for life-thing such as that...
and the power a simple card has in healing...
I've been stamping forever it seems--so I shoulda "got this" a long time ago...
and on some level I did...
but I have a new appreciation of it now.
So I will be sending a lot more.
Reminder to self: go get stamps er, POSTAGE stamps!
Lol.

6. Sick animals break my heart.
They cannot tell us what's wrong. They can't tell us what hurts.
This little guy...
who we *guess* had has? some back issues and isn't supposed to be jumping...
was looking down at me from the top shelf in my bathroom this morning.
I went in to wash my hands and happened to look up
only to see him looking down...
The cat carrier has been on top of the refrigerator for several weeks as that is where he likes to eat.
The vet said...try to keep him from jumping. Yeah, right!
One round of Prednisone and a cortisone shot...
and he's still looking at me pitifully (his eyes are very dull--a sure clue he's uncomfortable)
and he's wanting me to pet him...(a GIVEN that he's not a happy kitty...)
so a phone this am to the vet is in order to see if we can do some more meds...

On an even sadder note,
my good friend Theresa had to have their terrier put down on Wednesday...
5 months to the day of losing their lab...
I cried my heart out for them.  I know that heartache well.
We don't want to see them suffer but, at the same time,
it's as hard as losing a person.
I know that there are at least three great dogs-
my Onyx...
Theresa's Madison...
and her AJ...
on heaven's welcoming committee...
We miss our fur babies...

Well, the house needs some attention-as does my desk--
not to mention my coffee cup is empty...
I have just a few crafty things I want to do--so stay tuned--never know what will turn up here!
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon

No comments: