Monday, May 30, 2011

Time to...

We plan...and GOD LAUGHS...so the saying goes.  MY PLAN for the Memorial Day week-end did not happen. Not by a long shot!  After spending Tues. night in agony, I woke Wed. to send my husband off to VA for the week-end. I was going to spend Wed. and Thurs. afternoon cleaning the rest of the house so over the "official" week-end I could clean the craft room.  Wed. was spent filling out paperwork for the surgeon I would see on Thurs. and trying to catch up work so I could miss a day. Did I mention the not being able to breathe, coughing, choking on ---never mind.  Thurs. was horrible...except that I liked the surgeon and *think* I feel comfortable letting him rip out a body part. It's gotten to be rather offending and I am ready for it to GO. Friday was back in the office despite feeling like death warmed over to finish bulletins, etc. Then home.  I rested.  Saturday I felt a wee bit better and did a few things before deciding I wanted to clean up an item and needed a trip to the craft store. I hit the jackpot and spent Sat. evening and all day yesterday "creating"...
Then, when I was too tired to do any more, I sat down and colored these:

I made 10 cards...for the preschool teachers.  I colored the images from
Mo's Digital Pencil, Too, cut them out and layered them on the card fronts. The dp is from a mat stack I found at ACM--really really pretty and I think I need to go back and get more of it-it's perfect for beach theme cards...
and I just realized while waiting for these to upload that I haven't colored and CE'd her sunglasses! A must-do!
So today...it's time to clean up my mess! It was soooo nice to take the day to play---my SUNDAY'S ARE (GOD &) MY DAY...held. I didn't do anything beyond rest and relax and play.  It was so worth it! Today I can face the chaos and clean. I am refreshed and rejuvenated. Gee, isn't that just what He knew and promised if we would only LISTEN and OBEY? Sigh.

I am still stuffy and drippy, somewhat achy, and the cat is still not quite right. But it's ok.  It's going to be a good day.  I am going to clean, 15 minutes at a time Flylady's way--and it will get done.

I am also going to take some time today to reflect on what the day is all about. I will celebrate those that have served for our freedom...thank those that I can, say a prayer for those that have fallen in doing so and left behind family and friends.  We buried a good friend earlier this year that served in Special Ops back in the Viet Nam days.  And yeah, his death was related to his days of service.  So sad. Two of my stepsons have served-Navy and Marines.  My two nephews are serving/going to serve...yep, Navy and Marines.
Theresa's dad served--should know which branch but not sure-Marine's I think. Doesn't matter. He served!
Which-I need to go and see if I can put the flag out. I can't reach, even with a ladder, to hang it the way hubby does. But the wind off the beach is non-existent at this point so I think I can rig something up to secure it!

When I take a break, I will be doing some coloring for Father's Day cards, and checking out the linky party at I *heart* naptime (I LOVE linky parties!)
and, like most others, relish in the fact that...
until next time, happy stamping and scrapping---and-go thank a Vet!
Blessings,
Sharon

1 comment:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

Very productive weekend!!! and yes, he is a Marine!