Sunday, May 22, 2011

Monkey-ing Around...

Been to church-home-had a delicious breakfast fixed by hubby-and then started on the treats that I wanted to do for the preschool kids at the church I work for.  I saw a cute idea on a blog where they rolled a package of Smarties into a diploma and put a seal on it and a ribbon. Hmmm...great for bigger kids...not sure that's what I wanted for the little people.  Then I saw these on Martha's site today:
You print, cut, score, tape and then insert a party blower! TOO CUTE! I thought the alligator with "See you later allegator!" would be a nice end-of-school goodie... But...I already had the candy...and the royal bank account is getting slim...so I opted to stick to plan A...
This is what I came up with: for the 2 year olds...
I used the Top Note die by SU (see Theresa for yours!), printed the sentiment "To all the Little Lambs Preschool Smarties (attached roll of candy!)--Good Job! Happy Promotion Day! Blessings, Ms. Sharon
I had already printed and die cut the cards-only to realize my images wouldn't fit. What to do?! Enter the scallop punch! I stamped the CTMH Owl after attaching the branch (another SU punch), and stuck all of that on top of the top note die cut. I could see them ripping into the candy and teachers scrambling as it rolled across the floor...solved that by sticking it all  into a ziplock, stapling a piece of twine (gives it  more "back to nature" feel!), and tied it into a bow...

The 3 year old class picked their own theme-MONKEYS!  Somehow, I think that fits them perfectly! So I used the monkey from a CTMH set. Had to get a wee bit creative here. The stamp has him hanging from a branch.  I didn't want to mess with stamping in two colors or having it all brown.  Enter the finger knife! I stamped the image, made two small slits next to his hands, and wove the branch through the slits! Added some nice color, don't you think?

Next up...the 4's.  They are graduating!  So they needed a little extra.  I found the perfect cap stamp at AC Moore yesterday when we went to Myrtle Beach.  Stamped the Owl and then the cap in navy.  I even got smart and stored the little set with the cap in the set with the owl! No "where the heck did it go?" when I want to repeat this image! Their sentiment was a bit different.
Now...I just need a little something for the 1 year olds in the Friday only class. There's only three and I am thinking of bubbles.  And...I have a lot of those on hand anyway. I also want to make something quick and easy for the teachers--thinking of something bubbly for them---? Bubble bath in a plastic wine glass maybe? Hmm...gotta think on that one...! Time to clean up and head for the boat ride, picnic and relaxing. Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: