Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just Wanna Play...

 I woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday--which is technically my "Friday"...how disappointing when I realized it was only Wednesday! My late husband used to say "don't wish your life away..." (he used to always forget Tuesdays...!) so I will try to make the best of today...even if it is only Wednesday...sigh.

We had groupie night last night. Here's our teacher, Theresa, with the beautiful pages she designed...
Once again my photography fails to capture the prettiness of these pages...beautiful robin's egg blue background...they are adorable and really quick to put together!
Then after everyone went home and I was getting ready to curl up in bed and read...this is what I found...

"I am a crafty cat, Momma!" 
 This cat made the Letters to the Editor section  of  the now defunct Rubber Stamper Magazine! I caught him curled up with the then-current issue under his paws after I had gotten up to get a drink of water. Better be careful of this guy--he may be taking over my teaching position! lol.

And then...I am drooling over this:
A wise little owl told us that the CK Scrapbook Convention (CKC) is coming to Charlotte on August 26-27, 2011. Come enjoy classes, shopping, and crops that will rejuvenate and inspire your scrapbook and paper crafting passion.

I looked at the class schedule-holy moly--there are SO MANY I want to take and do!  I am counting my pennies and praying it will work out. I have never gone to a convention before...and think it would be a ton of fun. While I love teaching, it's fun to take classes as well...something we don't get to do a whole lot as so many of our surrounding stores have closed due to poor management and Theresa and I haven't won the lottery yet to open our own.  Someday... Hoping Theresa and some other of groupies can go and help split the costs of travel and rooms...it would be so much fun!  I said that already, huh? Hmmm...do ya think it's something I am looking forward to?!  In case you're interested-here's the link: CKC Charlotte, NC.  Check it out. There have others in other states/places...
I was also evidently dreaming about it, too as I never heard my husband get up in the middle of the night, get fully dressed and go poking around under the house (our house is on pilings).  Evidently, we have a couple of racoons who have made a home between the floor of the house and the insulation, heating ducts and "ceiling" below! The big question now is: how many are there, are there babies, and how do we get rid of them without harming them?! 
Well, better go refill the cup of "go juice" and get going.  Convention means lots of pennies money and although I am the OKI StampQueen...that means work...
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon



No comments: