Monday, May 16, 2011

Belated Birthday!

When I went to Theresa's to work our pootooties off  "play"-I got a surprise! A belated birthday present! She gave me a very nice hand-stamped card (reminder: ask T. who makes the image she used on the front!) and this stamp was my gift:
kinda hard to read but it says "Love yourself".


Hmmm. Sometimes that's hard to do! We see all our faults and flaws. But the other day I got a new "do". And it made me smile. I felt good about me.  And I took a few pics so I could duplicate what the hairdresser had done.  I even *liked* the pics of me! So...I have the idea in my head (punny!)--of the page I want to make.  It involves my head shots (I worked on editing them so the palm trees weren't sprouting out of my head....ears...etc. as you see here but who knows where Picassa put the edited ones! )...
and the Tim Holtz photo strip die that has itty bitty photo slots.... and the stamp of course. And a list of things that I at least like about me...
Not...being-the word escapes me---self centered helps but not what I am looking for-egotistical maybe...
I have a very hard time liking me. Grew up with a mom who was extremely negative and I was never ever good enough...and it colored my thinking of me...so to even *think* about doing this...well!  I think my friend picked the perfect stamp!
Hope it comes out as good as I think it might!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You look great! You are beautiful! You are loved! You were fearfully and wonderfully made!

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

This will be a perfect page!!!