Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal pennies...

Ok-so my post earlier today showcased the cute card made by Amy Sheffer over at Pickled Paper Designs. As I said, I have a soft spot for bike stamps.  This stamped image is from Unity Stamp Company so I rode on over and checked it out. Literally. It was $ 5.99 and I just slipped it right into my cart. I drove through all the roadblocks of setting up a new customer account (they have a lot of cute things!) as I *thought* I would be purchasing more things from them when the royal pocketbook was a little fuller. Then I got to the shipping charges. I almost had heart-failure! On a $ 5.99 stamp...shipping was---drumroll please...a WHOPPING $ 6.95?!!! I'm sorry---but that is just outrageous!  I sent Unity an e-mail expressing her Highness' dismay, saying I would have ordered but...and this was the reply I got:
From: Andrea Garvick
andrea@unitystampco.com To: sentbysharon
Date: Fri, Apr 29, 2011 9:42 am
Hi Sharon,
Our shipping is a flat rate of $6.95 for all US and Canadian orders, no matter the size of the order.
Thanks
Andrea

WELL! I can tell  you right now...this Stamp Queen won't be ordering from UNITY STAMP COMPANY anytime soon! I just got back on my cute little bike (still waiting on the royal mini cooper!)..and rode on over to that e-bay place...found the exact same stamp for the exact same price....$ 5.99...and shipping was only....drumroll, please....$ 2.50! And it was EXPIDITED shipping at that!
I don't know about you, but every little pound and penny counts for me these days. I work HARD for what I earn...and there's too many things I have to pay (doctors, etc.) that the little I splurge on myself has to go a looooong looooong way.  So paying exhorborant shipping charges is a no-no. Not gonna happen.  Unity may have cute stuff-but I am not going to let them rip me off!  I had to give a shout out to maybe save you from the same shipping scan(del)!  Granted, you may not *always* be able to find a better deal-but it makes me feel better trying--or finding an alternative!  Anyway...back to the housework!  It's the maid's day off unfortunately.  Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. And don't skip my previous post-Amy's cards are really cute! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: