Friday, March 4, 2011

Carrots, Cats, Crab Soup & St. Patty's Day Cards!

Whew! I am worn out just thinking about all that!  It's been a BUSY but productive day in the Stamp Queen's kingdom today!  First up...I decided to work on the carrots I promised to make as Easter treats for the preschool director.  28 of them....and then some more will go to my husband's office for sale.  They are not embellished-but the carrots themselves are put together.  I had help, of course.  There was a little black rascally "rabbit" in the carrot patch--funny thing, tho-his ears are a little too short?! In the middle of carrot production (slowed by the keeper of the leaves--he decided that sitting on my "grass" was a good thing!),




 I had to run to the Oak Island Restaurant to try and get a bowl of this...the item on the RIGHT...they SOLD OUT yesterday before I could get any--they told me to be there when they opened at 11 this morning if I wanted to be sure to get some! The line was 3 deep at 11:10 and EVERYONE was ordering it!  It was nice of them to feature it--and I remembered to get pics of the restaurant, etc. and even got one of the blue ribbon winner sampling their version...the verdict? While their's was good...it was a little thin and my hubby thought the onion in it tasted a little burned.  Hmmm. I did have to pick through some crab shell as well but it was good.  The red pepper in it was just right so it had just enough "zing".

Then since the mailman kindly brought my SO LUCKY Close to My Heart stamp set, I went to work on St. Patty's Day cards.  Here's what I came up with:


Maybe tomorrow I will try and post the pics with the inside of the cards! Blogger and my photo programs are fighting me tooth and nail. It's time for some refreshment and relaxation.  Maybe one of my many helpers will fetch and serve some for me...
somehow...I doubt it! Lol!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: