Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dilemma of the day....

SOLVED~!  So--we all know how Theresa and I feel about Tim Holtz stuff---but---when I saw the filmstrip die and I had a 40-50% off coupon...well, it had to come home.  At least I know his dies (usually) work.  This one has some weird clips and cuts in it---in other words it's not symmetrical ---but I can live with it since it was less than $ 10!  But then...I went to cut it.  Here's the dilemma:  while I have the extended cutting pads for the Big Shot...the base is only well, small?! So now what do I do?  Of course, it's next to impossible to hold it all together, run it 1/2 way through and then flip it around...without it all slipping (I know, I tried-I failed).  But then I had a light bulb moment! Solution? Double-stick tape! Making sure it was on the outer edges of the the die--I put down 3-4 small pieces, layered my paper on top, put all that together in it's proper sandwich layout, and ran it through, flipped it around, and ran it the rest of the way. Presto! A long cut out even though my Big Shot base is much smaller!  Maybe ya'll knew this trick already-maybe not. For me--I thought it was worth sharing!
Back to it. Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: