Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Note of Thanks...

Good morning, all! There are *still* great things being posted on the BLOG HOP-so scroll down when you are done with this post to FINDING YOUR STYLE and click on the thumbnails for some great inspiration! Today---I am posting the thank you notes I made yesterday afternoon for my office volunteers. I am a church secretary. When I was hired, there was an assistant. Things change, and that position was eliminated. While there have been people willing and able to "assist me" all along, it wasn't until my "heart incident" that this stubborn red-head realized that she cannot do the jobs of two people. Well, and be healthy, too! So--I enlisted the help of four great gals who rotate coming and helping me on Wednesdays each week. Just having someone to answer the phone and meet and greet people takes a lot of pressure off me! I wanted to show my appreciation and, using the new January CTMH stamp of the month, Finding Your Style (see the Inspirations flyer!), I did just that! I will post a list of my supplies below, as usual. As you can see, I stamped the butterfly image twice, cut it out, and layered it using ___________ (fill in the blank! If you've read any of my other posts, this is a n0-brainer! Need a hint? It starts with "pop" and ends with "dots!" I simply cannot create without them!) My photo isn't really clear but the outside of my butterfly's wings are blue, the inside and body, green. How did I get two colors on one stamp? Well, I used a magic tool: CTMH sponge daubers (p. 121 of the Spring/Summer 2011 catalog; p. 98 of the Autumn/Winter 2010 catty). First I inked my stamp as usual using the Crystal Blue. Then I dabbed my sponge dauber onto the Pear ink pad and then dabbed it onto the center portion of my stamp. Presto, chango! A multi-colored butterfly! I love these little tools and will try again to show you the difference it can make. Oh-and don't forget--the StampQueen NEVER EVER sends NAKED MAIL! lol! What's "naked mail" you ask? Surely you jest! No Naked Mail means...you ALWAYS add a design image to your envelope as well! It's even been known to make the post office people SMILE! Until tomorrow-don't forget:
  1. the BLOG HOP

  2. Leave a comment. please; and

  3. if you're not a FOLLOWER...please please sign up to be one!

Happy Stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

Supplies used: Close to My Heart: Stamp Sets-January Find Your Style stamp of the month & Card Chatter: Thank You;cardstock: colonial white; inks: crystal blue, pear; Stampin Up: blue cardstock; embossing folder, Big Shot machine, punch; Misc: Crop-A-Dile; brads, ribbon; clear embossing powder, heat gun

No comments: