Monday, October 25, 2010

Interesting scrapbook page...

Well, I have a craft show coming up in less than 2 weeks--with nothing new to take--and while I should've been home preparing... I decided to go shopping with my hubby instead. We had a list of our "in-town" stops ("town" is 1 hr. away...other than the local grocery and W-M!). The hardware store, Siagon Market grocery, Michaels, the shooting range, the health food store...Oh-what? Did I confuse you? The SHOOTING RANGE? Yep. We did. Or rather I DID! : ) You see, I've been terrified of guns. I was abused as a child and terrorized with one. Fast forward to adulthood and I chose to confront a possible intruder with a can of hairspray than the gun that was in the dresser! Was no intruder, thankfully. But I've finally gotten my courage up and yesterday was THE DAY. My darling husband was most patient through this entire process--we've been talking about it for years---but for whatever reason yesterday when he asked if I wanted to just handle the gun it was matter-of-fact for me and we sat down and did so. Can't say I was too crazy about our cat who thought he needed to be in the middle of the process but I did it all with no qualms. And stopping at the range was just..well, another stop on the list. It was all good. Noisy--even with ear protection. I had a little gun but it did have some kick to it. Got used to that. The first shot missed the target completely. The first shot that hit the target my husband said I gave the poor guy a vasectomy. Hmm--might as well have been a head shot! Lol! Sorry! Don't mean to offend anyone! And maybe there was some subliminal revenge there, too! Anyway--he handed me a few bullets, and a few more and well--I shot 120 of those little buggers and 80 of them "made the paper"! Can't say I am good--and we'd best not count on ME to bring home the Thanksgiving turkey (will never ever be a hunter--can't do that!) but my main goal was to be able to do it. To actually shoot. I've always feared we would walk in, I would freeze and simply walk out so DH was a bit surprised when I kept asking for more ammo! My step-son, Tommy, says you can NEVER have enough ammo (he's a Marine (inactive-if there is such!)! So--I overcame a HUGE FEAR yesterday! I got tickled when we got home and my DH laid all this out so I could take pictures-he's learning about this scrapbooking thing, too! Until next time, happy shooting-uh, SCRAPPING and STAMPING! ; ) Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Becky B. said...

Good for you, Sharon! My hubby and son are avid shooters & hunters, (actually they shoot competitively), and although most of the time I'm just a spectator to their sport, I've gone with them a couple of times to the range to shoot and familiarize myself with a handgun. I hope that I'm never confronted with an intruder, but if I am I know what to do without hesitation! Empowerment is a good, good thing!