Friday, October 29, 2010

Critical Condition...

Note: Scroll down to see TWO POSTS from yesterday with "treats"!
No, I am not sick again-nor are any of our family members-at least not that I am aware of. The "critical condition" applies to my heat gun. When I went to use it last night on the napkins (see last evening's post!), I noticed yet again that the on/off switch is sticking terribly. I LOVE embossing-it's one of the very first things I learned how to do. Until I got the aforementioned heat gun, I sat at our kitchen table with my late husband's HOT HOT HOT paint-stripping heat gun embossing just about everything and anything I could get my hands on with him praying I wouldn't set it and the house--and us--on fire! My boss at the time, an attorney I was working for, knew I was just getting started with this new hobby. It had been a rough year to say the least (my then husband had gone through 9 months of chemo and radiation and while the cancer was in remission, we learned after-the-fact he had emphysema, too...). Mike wanted to do something special for me for Christmas and he did! He took the time to visit the small stamp store we had on our island at the time and asked Barb Hobby, the owner and another angel in disguise, what I needed. Barb sold him a very nice set of markers (this was pre-copic mind you...but they were the cat's meow!), a few other things....and the heat gun. She was the one who taught me to emboss---so she KNEW that gift would be a hit! I've used it for years and years...and now, well, I have to seriously think about replacing it (it's even a pretty pink color!) and how I am going to "memorialize" the old one. Unfortunately, I was quite satisfied with its performance and durability--but there is no company name or identifying information on it. So-can anyone out there recommend a heat gun? I do have the little white "heat it" tool (at least I think I do-it may have gone to the yard sale!)---but that only works well for shrink plastic. A pretty colored one would be nice, too! Sigh. Such sad things to think about...but, I must.
For now, it's off to do some much-needed flyladying! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: