Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Wow! An extra day off! I love it! Let the record show that, quite uncharacteristically for me, I did not...go to work on Friday of last week since I missed Thursday due to my brief hospital stay, nor am I rushing in there today (Monday, Monday...) as I will be out on Wednesday for another test, nor have I been "buzzing" as my dh (darling husband) calls it-around the house trying to do 10,000 things at once. I have taken it slow and easy...and gotten done what NEEDED to be done just the same! GO ME!
I have several things "in process" at the moment. On the stamping and scrapbooking front I am still slowly working on my Goddaughters album to "catch it up" and I am working on some "save the date" cards of sorts for a customer. Here is a card I made for a friend of ours who took us out to dinner last week-end. He (photo not shown-please forgive my sloppy editing--I scanned and attached a photo of him when he was in active service some years ago that he had recently given us). He is a wonderful friend who served his country and who, unfortunately, is battling lung cancer. He is a crusty old curmudgeon (just what you would expect of his rank/retired military!) with the heart of a teddy bear! We love him. The small "cut above" stamp is from Artful Legacy, and the "hero" background stamp I used is from Stampin' Up. I used it on the front, on the inside top flap and on the envelope. (thank you, SIR! computer generated) This stamp would work for service personnel, police, fire, etc.--very versatile!
On another note...you've heard me "preach" about Flylady. Well, when I got sick the other evening and headed for the ER, I did have the presence of mind to take my drivers license (even though my husband was driving), insurance card and my medications. I did not, however, anticipate being admitted so I had absolutely no personal care items with me. Now for most, that wouldn't be an issue-the hospital certainly provides those things (at an exploited price I might add!)--but I am allergic to just about everything so I cannot use most of what's out there. So-since I want to be prepared (yes, I was a Girl Scout in addition to a Flylady fan!) just in case---I am going to create my own emergency bag. I'd done this before and it came in very handy. I will simply pick one of my pretty totes, put in one of my cosmetic bags filled with my personal care products, a change of clothes (nothing fancy-just a comfortable top and pants-even sweats), pj's, UNDERWARE!, flip flops, maybe a paperback or magazine, a small craft kit...and whatever else "floats my boat"! A list of contact numbers (a must if the cell phone dies!), small amount of cash for vending machines and pay phone (are there even any pay phones anymore?!)...maybe you can think of something I missed--please share if you do?! That way...if I or my dh ever need to do this again-just grab the bag and go. Or, in the event of a hurricane and evacuation..it's one less thing I have to pack!
Well, a little more coffee, a little "fly-ladying" and a lot of sun, swimming, boating and relaxing are on my agenda today! Whatever YOU do---until next time, hope you get some time for happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon

No comments: