Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Perfect Cut...


As I write today’s post, I have the perfect background "music" playing–the hum and buzz of at least 4 different lawn mowers! We live at the beach you see, and we are surrounded by rental properties. It seems that all of our closest neighbors have picked Wednesday afternoon to have their grass groomed! Makes for quiet Saturday mornings—but it sure is noisy today!
That said, I knew what I wanted to use for my husband’s birthday card this year as soon as I saw the Artful Legacy catalog from Christine. He’s a 4th of July baby (yes, I know the 4th has come and gone–it’s late!) and in past years I’ve used a patriotic theme off and on. This year, however, I wanted something different. Since he cuts the grass for several of our elderly friends as well as our church in his spare time, the design was simple-just needed Artful Legacy’s "Grass Catcher" (SKU ALA 506 K) and the
"Happy birthday to a Man Who is a Cut Above the Others" (SKU ALS 12211) stamps! It just couldn’t get any"mow" easier.
I think I will go find some ear plugs and take a nap now!
Stay tuned for a "girly-girl" version of this same card next week! ; )
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon

No comments: