Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's Not All Talk!

Happy Sunday afternoon! I just sent this week's post to Christine at Artful Legacy (Hi, Christine!) I am going to go ahead and post it now on my blog rather than wait as this week is FULL of appoitments for me. Tomorrow is dentist, Wed. eye doctor and inbetween that I need to juggle my work schedule and that means bulletin(s) AND NEWSLETTER--and a trip to the post office across the bridge--all in one week. It is going to be a long and hot one, my friends! No, I am not falling apart all at once...the Town is changing insurance companies and we are trying the use the old insurance to the maximum as it is excellent coverage. The new will be a nightmare with significant cuts in benefits but I won't go there! Moving on....
I also wanted to say that I am really having a GREAT TIME on the Artful Legacy Design Team. If you have a blog--would you consider giving a "shout out" to this great company? They are a husband and wife team--Buck actually "cooks" all the stamps himself (hey-a man that cooks?!) and not only do they have the mail orders but they travel the country with their stamps doing vendor shows, conventions and classes everywhere they can! They are great people and have great products. Their stamps stamp crisp and clean and are reasonably priced. So consider taking a look at http://www.artfullegacy.com. You won't be disappointed! Tell 'em the OKI Stamp Queen sent you! Now that the "commercial" is over...on with the program-er, post...
IT’S NOT ALL TALK...!
For today’s post I chose to keep it all "black and white". Not sure why—it’s not a color scheme I usually pick-but for whatever reason the contrast in colors struck my fancy. Stumped for "man" cards? Black and white can do it! This would be appropriate for a man...or a woman.
I used a solid black base and then layered the white card base onto that. I cut the front of the card by hand using my Nestabilities circle die to create the arc I wanted. I then punched the flower, cut a black circle for the center and then a smaller white one, again using the Nestabilities die (new toy for me-can you tell?!) What really makes this card special are the ARTFUL LEGACY stamps. I absolutely adore the old phone titled "talk"(SKU AL 338 C)! How well I remember from childhood the old heavy-duty black rotary phone we had! I still love them and even had one when I went to college! But I digress-I paired the phone with the "I will sit with you..." sentiment (ALS 1271 K). In case you are wondering...yes, I did have to cut my stamp to get it to fit in the narrower card format so my card shows 3 lines instead of the two lines you find it in. That’s another great thing about Artful Legacy stamps! If you do decide to alter them, the rubber cuts like a hot knife through butter and you get a smooth, clean edge. I’ve had stamps from some companies that were like trying to cut through steel and ended up with ragged, chopped up edges and, in some cases, the stamped image cut as well! Not so with these. It was a close cut and I debated "to cut" or "not to cut" but I took a deep breath and went for it! Perfecto! Thanks, Christine and Buck, for such great products.
It’s too hot to be outside–so why don’t you sit in the cool and peruse the Artful Legacy on-line catalog? Can’t think of a better way to spend a hot, summer day...unless it involves paper, stamps, ink, embellies and a cool drink with an umbrella in it! ; )
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings, Sharon

No comments: