Thursday, February 25, 2010

Used to be...

...Theresa and I could jump in the car and head to Wilmington to our favorite "local" scrapbook and stamp stores--or go a little further across the state line to one or two...for inspiration, classes with others including THE Stamp Queen...and drool over the newest fads and tools. Not so anymore. We spend our time on-line (my husband seems to continually comment on my time in front of the computer...) blog hopping, hoping for that same inspiration and wondering if what we see in tools, etc-really work. Sigh. I can't say...because of store closings our shopping costs have been cut---lol. I see it and well, sometimes just have to have it. Cute card on a blog? OH MY where did you get those stamps? New tool-I just ordered yet another one. My good angel said "well, we need to find out if it works-and share it--that's OUR job now..." the bad angel---lost so his argument and points are mute anyway! One of the stores we miss was in Myrtle Beach-called Artful Legacy. THE Stamp Queen came there-and we shopped there. Now they have an on-line store vs. the "brick and mortar"store as the stores of yesteryear are called. And a blog. It's just beginning and it's going to be fun to watch it grow. Theresa and I have both sent in samples to see if we can become part of their first Design Team. I know she will be picked without a doubt! Her work is awesome. Always has been, always will be. Me? Who knows?! And you won't know...unless you try! So check out www.artfullegacy.blogspot.com and see their samples, stamps and products. I also have to give a shout out to the very nice person who e-mailed me the layout instructions for the Life Delights Book. That was SO THOUGHTFUL. See-I asked--and I received. God loves to bless us...we just have to be open to it.
Time to get to the day-job! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: