Friday, September 4, 2009

Can you Guess....?




TGIF!!! Whew. Last week and this one were killers for me--so I am VERY GLAD to have a 3-day week-end coming up! With today's post...I am going to totally ruin Julie's surprise-but maybe she will be too busy taking care of her husband, Roger (undergoing cell transplant at Duke-thoughts and prayers for them, please...) and thinking about their new granddaughter---congratulations! Ahh...what a blessing! Anyway---I made this last week-end, got it in the mail to her yesterday. Here's the first two pictures...
Can you guess what it might be? Well, I don't think Julie was able to pack a lot of crafting supplies to take with her---and they will be gone at least 3 months...and I know I couldn't be without papercrafting stuff that long...and I knew she would be back and forth between their apartment, waiting rooms, hospital room...who knows where...so...I made her a small scrapbooking bag with the minimum essentials (scissors, glue sticks, ruler, bone folder a/k/a popsickle stick!), pencils, ATC paper, playing cards...) so she could at least sit and make ATC's. What? You don't know what ATC's are? ATC stands for Artist Trading Cards. They are no bigger than a playing card (whatever that measurement is-it escapes me!)--and are miniture collaged pieces of art. You do not sell ATC's-you trade them-just as their name suggests. You can us just about anything on them--as long as...they will fit into a small envelope or the plastic sleeves that baseball trading cards are stored in. You should put your name, address, and e-mail address on the back of ATC's so you will be identified as the artist. And there's another little fact you should know about ATC's---they are ADDICTING!!! They are so quick and fun to make...you can't stop! I use playing cards as my base and just layer my papers, etc. on one side, apply paper with my stamped info on the back--the (playing) card is covered and done. Missed the good morning lighting, and shot these pics through the plastic page folders, but here's some of my ATC's...
So---you get the idea--you take a pic from here, snip a word from there, add an embelly...and you have an ATC! Go try it. Think of how much fun she can have with all those old, outdated magazines in the waiting room-what better use! SHhhh---you didn't hear me say that! Enjoy, Julie. Thinking of you! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: